Looking for Something? Search here

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Small Town Mentality

This blog was inspired by an email I had with my MIL! It got me thinking about the small town I live in. On more then one occasion Tony and I have discussed moving to a larger city. Then I start to think about all the reasons our family loves living here. You can shop downtown and people actually know you by name and when your kids were born. If you go into the local grocery store they actually offer to take your groceries out to your car for you. The librarian will order books based on what your kids like just because. Neighbors will look out for you and your kids especially if it looks like your 3 year old is getting into mischief. I can go from point a to point b in less than 5 minutes with no traffic. People still have block parties around here. You can still find a friendly stranger to talk to at the park and not have to worry if they are a creep. (although I am still cautious) I never thought I would like living in a small town but having children now and seeing them enjoy the benefits of a small town community, I don't think I could ever leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment