Looking for Something? Search here

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My little flickers of light

This past Sunday in mass we had two baptisms. Benedict recently had his baptism. During the lighting of the baptism candles our priest spoke about keeping their light of faith burning bright. I realized what a responsibility that is to keep their faith burning until they are old enough to make their own choices about life. Tony and I have four little flickers of light glowing over here and a mere gust of wind could extinguish it at any moment. When I look at the young ladies my girls are becoming or the gentlemen we will have in our home soon enough the magnitude of these blessings God has given us hits me. There are no gray areas here concerning our faith. I want to protect these little lights so that they can shine forever. Blaise loves to belt out in church "this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine..." and I think inside my mind sing it boy and never stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment