Looking for Something? Search here

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mother Hen

I have discovered in larger families one particular child takes on the role as mother hen. Ours is no exception. Today I watched Emerson lovingly look after Blaise. When his tractor died in the backyard she pushed him all the way to the front yard so he would be safe. When he got on his bike she fastened his helmet for him. When he forgot his gloves and hat she willingly ran back to get them. And when he looked like he may go past the sidewalk she cocked her head, put her hand On her hip and said "don't you dare go past the safety area!" I chuckled at how similar she sounded to me. They have a very tight relationship these two and often Tony and I refer to them as Bonnie and Clyde. When it was time to read stories tonight the two of them snuggled together side by side. Just like a Mother Hen and her baby chick. I hope in the future they remain as close for there is nothing like the love and support of a sibling.

No comments:

Post a Comment