Looking for Something? Search here

Monday, October 24, 2011

Desperate housewife

Ha! I am not really a desperate housewife but I do have a scandalous secret to share. I have a boyfriend and his name is Howard. I met him a few years ago but we have gotten closer this past year. He lives up the street in a brick ranch that he built himself. He is predictable and kind although a little forgetful and blind in one eye. I never tire of his visits. He walks by my house twice a day and sometimes brings me presents of squash and fresh herbs. Tony has met him and doesn't mind his visits either. He is an inspiring 86 year old neighbor and I look forward to his conversation. Not to mention the kids get to practice respecting their elders and acts of patience. There will come a morning when I may not see him walking down the sidewalk. As a cancer survivor he told me he takes it one day at a time and is thankful for that....he teaches me thankfulness for my health and contentment with life. I need his visits to quiet the chaos of my day. We sit on the porch and rock and talk about things. Not rocket science but stuff like where he met his wife, how he got into masonry and his trip to Europe. One day he told me I looked pretty and even though he can't see out of one eye this desperate housewife will take what she can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment