Looking for Something? Search here

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Making a Deposit

I didn't want to go today, my mind and heart were not in right spot. Instead of thinking about helping out the poor I was thinking of how hard it would be taking the boys today along. When I got to the food bank I realized I was surrounded by my allies. Mommy friends get it! Especially ones that homeschool. They had a spot to keep Blaise busy and it involved smashing boxes, and they all took turns holding the baby and entertaining him. I was encouraged and felt myself revived. This is why I homeschool. These are my core group of women that let me know I NOT crazy for doing what I do! The food bank was an awesome experience for all the kids but I think God meant for me to get something out of it as well.....a friendship deposit at the food bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment