Looking for Something? Search here

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Drip drip drip drip drip drip

Tony and I ventured out to treat the kids to hot fudge sundaes. It is our Saturday thing. We do treats once a week after dinner. As we loaded up the van I noticed what looked like a burnt sienna color of liquid sitting on our garage floor. I was perplexed and after some investigating and a call to my mechanic we sadly discovered old Bessy has a leak. I never wanted a van I always thought they were hideous and huge. Four kids later I don't know what my options would be besides Old Bessy. She isn't really that old but that is what the kids and I call her. We were advised not to drive her at all until she could be looked at so tomorrow morning we will take turns in the hamster mobile going to mass. We had planned on surprising Blaise and doing something special for his upcoming birthday on Wednesday, since Tony will have to work late. So in a scramble we quickly pulled together and got a cake, ice cream and his favorite foods. While he is snoozing Julia helped me blowup balloons and decorate the house. So in between shifts of going to mass we will also celebrate with him. I think he will enjoy the fact that we will just hang out and dote upon him. The Lego store isn't going anywhere and as soon as Old Bessy stops leaking we will go there. I am ashamed of myself when I think of how embarrassed I used to be over driving a minivan. As if I was too good or something, I love that thing and you don't know what you have until you "lose it".

No comments:

Post a Comment