Looking for Something? Search here

Monday, November 14, 2011

True Friends are Forever

Recently Julia and I had a heart to heart about friendship and what it means to be a true friend! She proudly told me her best friend was her bunny Daisy. It brought me back to my own memories of friends and one person kept popping up in my head. She is the kind of friend that is loyal and honest. We can go months without chatting and then pick right up where we left off. She was there when I first found my Catholic faith and even though she and I may disagree on issues we respect each other. She is witty and funny and very intelligent. Who would have thought I would have met my dear friend while part timing at a dry cleaners but that is where I met her! Karen I am thankful for you!

2 comments:

  1. You're a wonderful friend too, Jennifer. During that "break" that we had, I missed you so much. I am thankful every single day that I met you and that we have rekindled our long friendship. I remember taking you to a Catholic store and also showing you a class about an introduction to Catholicism. We had so much fun at the dry cleaners. I think we met during the OJ trial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having friends with different beliefs just makes you realize how we're all unique, but beautiful at the same time. It's an amazing thing. Respect is something I don't see much of in our society these days. Today, if people have differing views, they either try to convert eachother or ignore eachother. I love that we don't do either of those things.

    You're a beautiful, caring, kind-sprited, brilliant woman. I'm proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete