Looking for Something? Search here

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Game night

Once a week we try to have a family night. The kids love this time. We play a board game or we work on a puzzle. I started thinking about how the oldie but goodie hobbies are still around. In an age of technology you can still find people, like my mom, working away on a 500 piece puzzle. My grandmother is in an old folks home and they have oodles of puzzles laying around for people to work on. The other day Julia asked me what checkers was? Shocked, I immediately had to find an online version of the game. I am thankful that these hobbies still exist. Sitting at a puzzle or a board game forces the family to pause, take turns, laugh together and just enjoy each others company! We discovered this about each other: Tony is still just as competitive, Julia has an awesome memory for facts, Emerson is really patient and dedicated to finishing the challenges, Blaise likes to throw the die, and Mom is still trying to perfect the cheese popcorn recipe from Taratuta side.

No comments:

Post a Comment