Looking for Something? Search here

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Flutter Your Wings

Sometimes Emerson goes in her room and shuts her door and all I can hear is her radio blaring and a thumping sound. If my dad is reading this he may chuckle and recall that in our home growing up I used to do the same thing. I loved to dance. Never took long term dance lessons just a jazzercise class I think...but boy could I crank up the radio and jump around like a mad hatter. Our home was older so the ceiling would shake and I remember hearing once or twice " turn it down"!
Tonight I was surprised to find myself racing up the stairs and storming into her room. When I asked her what she was doing she informed me she was pretending to be a butterfly at the butterfly ball. Umm how can I argue with that? She told me she was spreading her wings and practicing her butterfly moves....at once I was transformed into a carefree girl dancing around my room without a care in the world. My audience was cheering me on and I was filled with joy. Flutter your wings my child before the time comes when your forget how good it feels to just dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment