Looking for Something? Search here

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pot Roast

Alright in an effort to make do on my resolutions I went out and bought the fixings for my pot roast dinner. Jan sent me several good ideas for recipes...thank you, and now this vegetarian is going to try to make a pot roast! I have been a vegetarian as far back as I can recall. I remember visiting my grandma and grandpa in Florida and they would take me to their Country Club and I would order these huge salads. The staff would be astonished that a kid wanted salad instead of a burger and fries. So far I am still the only "vegetable" in my family. Julia was vegan for 8.5 years until her dad introduced her to the bagel bacon sandwiches at Tim Hortons. She realized she wanted to sample all meats and decide which ones she may like to eat. So far she likes bacon, pepperoni, and BBQ wings! Was I disappointed? Maybe a tad. It was nice to have one vegan in the house, but I don't believe in forcing kids into eating a certain way. I tell her everything in moderation is fine. I wonder if she will like the pot roast? We shall see.

2 comments: