Looking for Something? Search here

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Frankly My Dear

When I was younger I loved the classics. Classic books and movies. I remember my aunt inviting my mother and I over one evening to watch Gone With the Wind. We ate popcorn and enjoyed the show. My cousin and I were five years or so apart but I idolized her and I recall feeling so grown up sitting there watching it with her. I dreamed of the time when I could snuggle up with my own daughter and watch the classics. Julia's study of the Civil War created the perfect excuse to do this. We popped our corn put the younger ones to bed and settled down to a blast from the past. Several hours later I realized Julia was looking at the ceiling?!? What is wrong I asked? Is it scary? Are you confused? No she replied just wondering what Rhett and Scarlett have to do with the Civil War?!?
Am I discouraged that she doesn't embrace the classics like I do? No not really because her passion lies in NatGeo and Animal Planet and I can respect that. It is funny how as a child I had these dreams and visions of how it would be when I had my own daughter and I am really learning that "frankly dear it doesn't turn out as we plan"!

No comments:

Post a Comment