Looking for Something? Search here

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snail mail

Today in school Emerson will be learning the finer points of writing a friendly letter. When I gave her the heads up she sighed and said "but I don't know anyone's email address"! I realized a year ago I didn't have a cell phone, a consistent email address or a blog. I didn't want one as I felt the old fashioned method of a stamp and envelope was fine for me. Then Tony bought me an iPhone strictly for emergency use! Ha! I am a bona fide techie now! The art of snail mail will never die in our house though. I love writing to my grandmothers, girlfriend in Cleveland, and getting the homemade envelopes from my mother in law wondering what surprises she has sent. Emerson will learn the proper form of letter writing today. She will learn salutations and punctuation. Not because I expect when she is older that she will prefer to handwrite her notes or even afford the cost of a stamp! Simply because I think she should know how to compose thoughts with pencil and paper. Luckily God is easily accessible...could you imagine the postage on that letter?!?!? I know we are in trouble if she asks me his email address though!

No comments:

Post a Comment